Dr. Puria Parvini
Specialist in Oral Surgery & Implantology
M.Sc. in Periodontics & Implantology
Academic & professional appointments
- Deputy Director at the Department of Oral Surgery & Implantology at Goethe University Frankfurt, Germany
- Chief Senior Physician at the Centre for Dentistry, Oral and Maxillofacial Medicine at the Goethe University Hospital in Frankfurt (Carolinum)
- Clinical Lecturer & Supervisor – Master of Science in Oral Implantology at Goethe University
- Tutor & Supervisor – Anatomical Institute at the University of Vienna, Austria
- Certified Expert of the German Society of Oral Implantology (DGOI)
Dr Parvini’s scientific publication with co-authors Otto Zuhr and Peter Eickholz won the Implant Research Award in 2018 awarded by the German Society of Periodontology for the publication Discomfort/Pain due to periodontal and peri-implant probing: Implant type and age.
Puria’s Habilitation topic “Tooth roots as autologous grafts for localised ridge augmentation” and publications in peer-reviewed high impact journals focus on Ridge augmentation, Immediate implantation and Soft tissue management around implants and teeth.
Dr. Parvini has more than 15 years of live-surgery experience and he carries out all aspects of periodontal management and dental implants and has a particular interest in Complex bone augmentation, Dental trauma and transplantation, Immediate implantation, Soft tissue management around implants and teeth, Plastic & aesthetic Periodontics, Management of complications in oral surgery.
He holds an ICOI Diplomate and ICOI Fellowship with International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI). He is also an Emergency Medicine Instructor at the American Heart Association.
He is conducting clinical research on Immediate implantation and immediate loading (different implant systems), Augmentation procedures (DFG-project), Zirconia implants (different implant systems), Bone substitute materials (canine model).
He is twice recipient of the Award for Excellence in Teaching at Goethe University.
He is a registered Oral Surgeon on the GDC Specialist List.