Soft Tissue Grafting Masterclass
with Dr Puria Parvini
Oral Surgeon, M.Sc. Periodontology, M.Sc. Implantology, Deputy Director at the Department of Oral Surgery & Implantology at Goethe University Frankfurt
16-17th February 2024, LONDON
Step-by-step protocols on soft tissue management around dental implants in one complete course
SOFT TISSUE MANAGEMENT
Early bird fee
A comprehensive 2 day course covering all aspects of additive and respective soft tissue grafting in the aesthetic and functional zone around dental implants.
Learn in-depth knowledge and practice step-by-step the latest Soft Tissue Grafting Techniques to improve and maintain aesthetics & longevity. Learn how to gain optimal tissue thickness and keratinised tissue.
Indications, advantages & disadvantages of each Technique will be discussed as well as prevention and management of complications will be covered during the course.
- Anatomical structures; principals of predictable soft tissue grafting
- Anatomical factors affecting grafting outcome
- Surgical instrumentations
- Flap designs – which one to use and when
- Suturing techniques
- Treatment of gingival recession
- Altered passive eruptions
- Primary healing; how to handle the tissue to always get primary healing
- Post operative patient management
- Management of extraction socket vs. immediate implantation
II. HANDS-ON & TECHNIQUES
Indications, advantages and disadvantages of each technique
Step-by-step practice on sheep jaws
- Identifying a suitable donor site
- Harvesting technique – autograft
- Preparation of recipient site
- Pinhole technique
- Gum drop Technique
- Zucchelli Suture Technique
- Vista Technique
- Tunnelling Technique
- Coronally advanced flap with releasing incisions
- Connective tissue Graft
- Free Gingival Graft for keratinised gingiva gain
III. PREVENTION / MANAGEMENT OF COMPLICATIONS
- Intraoperative bleeding
- Flap perforations
- Wound dehiscence
- Necrosis of the flap
IV. DISCUSSION OF PARTICIPANTS CASES, Q&A SESSION
Surgical videos by Dr Puria Parvini
13,5 hours Verifiable CPD
Soft Tissue Grafting
Dr. Puria Parvini
Oral Surgeon, M.Sc. Periodontology, M.Sc. Implantology – German Association of Periodontology (DGParo)
- Deputy Director at the Department of Oral Surgery & Implantology at Goethe University Frankfurt in Germany
- Chief Senior Physician at the Center for Dentistry, Oral and Maxillofacial Medicine at the Goethe University Hospital in Frankfurt (Carolinum)
- Clinical Lecturer & Supervisor – Master of Science in Oral Implantology at Goethe University
- Tutor & Supervisor – Anatomical Institute at the University of Vienna, Austria
- Certified Expert of the German Society of Oral Implantology (DGOI)
- Understand indications for soft tissue grafting around dental implants
- Learn various incisions and flap designs
- Get a better understanding of graft harvesting and management of the recipient and donor sites
- Familiarise yourself with different soft tissue grafting techniques. Learn indications, advantages and disadvantages of each technique.
- Learn complication prevention and complication management
All hand instruments scalpel blades, sutures and consumables are provided.
Bringing your own loupe and light is highly recommended.
13,5 hours verifiable CPD provided upon completion.
The success and long-term stability of dental implants is directly related to the quantity and quality of the supporting bone and surrounding soft tissue. When there is a lack of adequate bone volume for implant placement, a variety of bone augmentation procedures...
Soft tissue management has a great influence on the success of bone grafting procedure. According to Prof Fouad Khoury's clinical philosophy, successful bone augmentation requires impeccable soft tissue management. The care and preservation of existing soft and hard...
What is Keratinized Tissue Keratinized tissue, also known as keratinized mucosa, refers to the band of tissue surrounding teeth. The keratinized tissue in the mouth holds teeth in place and protects the roots. The word "keratinized" is used to describe cells that...