Soft Tissue Grafting Masterclass
with Dr Puria Parvini
Oral Surgeon, M.Sc. Periodontology, M.Sc. Implantology, Deputy Director at the Department of Oral Surgery & Implantology at Goethe University Frankfurt
24-25th February 2023, LONDON
Step-by-step protocols on soft tissue management around dental implants in one complete course.
HANDS-ON SHEEP JAWS
SOFT TISSUE MANAGEMENT
last few places available
Time left until the course
A comprehensive 2 day course covering all aspects of additive and respective soft tissue grafting in the aesthetic and functional zone around dental implants.
Learn in-depth knowledge and practice step-by-step the latest Soft Tissue Grafting Techniques to improve and maintain aesthetics & longevity. Learn how to gain optimal tissue thickness and keratinised tissue.
Indications, advantages & disadvantages of each Technique will be discussed as well as prevention and management of complications will be covered during the course.
What will you learn
- Anatomical structures; principals of predictable soft tissue grafting
- Anatomical factors affecting grafting outcome
- Surgical instrumentations
- Flap designs – which one to use and when
- Suturing techniques
- Treatment of gingival recession
- Altered passive eruptions
- Primary healing; how to handle the tissue to always get primary healing
- Post operative patient management
- Management of extraction socket vs. immediate implantation
II. HANDS-ON & TECHNIQUES
Indications, advantages and disadvantages of each technique
Step-by-step practice on sheep jaws
- Identifying a suitable donor site
- Harvesting technique – autograft
- Preparation of recipient site
- Pinhole technique
- Gum drop Technique
- Zucchelli Technique
- Vista Technique
- Tunnelling Technique
- Coronally advanced flap with releasing incisions
- Connective tissue Graft
- Free Gingival Graft for keratinised gingiva gain
III. PREVENTION / MANAGEMENT OF COMPLICATIONS
- Intraoperative bleeding
- Flap perforations
- Wound dehiscence
- Necrosis of the flap
IV. DISCUSSION OF PARTICIPANTS CASES, Q&A SESSION
Surgical videos by Puria Parvini
Soft Tissue Grafting
Dr. Puria Parvini
Oral Surgeon, M.Sc. Periodontology, M.Sc. Implantology – German Association of Periodontology (DGParo)
- Deputy Director at the Department of Oral Surgery & Implantology at Goethe University Frankfurt in Germany
- Chief Senior Physician at the Center for Dentistry, Oral and Maxillofacial Medicine at the Goethe University Hospital in Frankfurt (Carolinum)
- Clinical Lecturer & Supervisor – Master of Science in Oral Implantology at Goethe University
- Tutor & Supervisor – Anatomical Institute at the University of Vienna, Austria
- Certified Expert of the German Society of Oral Implantology (DGOI)
Dr. Parvini performing live surgery while Prof. Fouad Khoury and Prof. Frank Schwarz are discussing the case
All hand instruments scalpel blades, sutures and consumables are provided.
Bringing your own loupe and light is highly recommended.
Verifiable CPD provided upon completion.
- Understand indications for soft tissue grafting around dental implants
- Learn various incisions and flap designs
- Get a better understanding of graft harvesting and management of the recipient and donor sites
- Familiarise yourself with different soft tissue grafting techniques. Learn indications, advantages and disadvantages of each technique.
- Learn complication prevention and complication management
Platelet Rich Fibrin is a blood clot prepared without anticoagulants or artificial additives, that is rich in growth factors, platelets, and cytokines. PRF facilitates new blood vessel formation, tissue regeneration, healing and stimulation of bone growth. Using PRF...
Platelet Rich Fibrin practical hands-on course for dentists with the founder of PRF, Dr. Joseph Choukroun Over 70 dentists with special interest in implant dentistry attended the fantastic PRF practical hands-on course in London, UK on the 13-14th March 2020. Dr....
PRF in dental implantology - how to utilise it PRF in dental implantology helps achieving accelerated healing and regeneration of bone and soft tissue and new blood vessel formation which are the fundamentals of successful dental implant treatment. It...